Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WOOOO HOOO! A New Addiction...

 
Oh me oh my - I've discovered a new world of creating...all because of a little tutorial at Sew Mama Sew on making patchwork purses.  I've now made three and I can't wait to start another one.   Making these bags puts the fun in functional, baby.

I must admit I was reluctant to join in the purse making party (no idea why, really - just didn't know it was a rockin' blast I guess) and I realize I'm late once again, but boy oh boy do I plan to make up for lost time.  I'm dancing on top of the table with my purses swinging.  Here's what I've got so far:

First purse - followed the prescription exactly:




Second purse - African fabric scraps, of which I seem to have an endless supply.  I made it a little bigger and added a zipper pouch in the middle:

  

Third purse, and my favorite so far:




They aren't exactly fancy, but they are just so pleasing, and fun, and versatile (not to mention washable)! Now I get why people are doing this.  It's an absolute blast, and a great way to use scraps and small pieces of batting, and too - the odd hour or so when I don't have anything major to work on. Now that I see how this party is, I think I will stay - maybe for like - EVER!

The coolest thing is that there are so, so many different bags to choose from on Sew Mama Sew.  (Which I realize many of you already knew, but I didn't, okay?  What matters is that I do NOW.)  Anyway, I love this site, and I want to say thanks to Kristin and Beth for their cleverness and for sharing.

This is gonna be awesome!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment