Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Enjoying WIP's in the Moment

It's that time of the week - WIP  Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




 Here's what's on my front burner:

I still haven't started quilting Drops of Jupiter - mainly because I'm not one hundred percent sure how I'm going to quilt it.  Sometimes quilting is so obvious to me, but sometimes, as in this case, I'm just not sure what kind of quilting would be best.  I know it doesn't have to be showy, because the fabric and the design are the the thing.   And it can't be heavily quilted because that would be a waste for the same reasons.  But I gotta think of something...


Oh oh oh - it just came to me - I'm going to do a starburst pattern starting in the middle, among other things.  That will work, I think.  Hmmm -there's something about writing things down that always helps clarify ideas for me. 

The second thing I'm working on is another purse:


I found these jelly rolls of 2 1/2 inch fabrics for $9 at Wal-Mart - they are so neat!  I use them with my various nieces and nephews when they come to sew with me, because they are already cut.  They work for these patchwork purses nicely, too.  I was going to just do one meet in the middle chevron, but now I'm going to do a bunch of chevrons.  (Man, these purses have me HOOKED!  I am having so much fun creating them.) 

Isn't it great to always have something going?  I love that about art.  Of course, I strive to enjoy what I'm doing in the moment but at the same time, I know that there's something to look forward to as well.  Come to think of it - this is true for life in general as well, isn't it?  




No comments:

Post a Comment