Friday, September 11, 2015

Ta Daa - A Finished it Up! (for Friday)

Yippee - I have a finish to share.  Finally!  I have put the binding on my “Prayer Kites” quilt. 




  I started it quite a while ago, got it to the finished top stage and then started something else because I needed to make a back for it…you know, just kind of lost interest.  Two weeks ago I got a little idea for the back so it was back on the front burner.  



I decided to quilt it in a kind of wonky grid, using different colored threads - a mistake; it took forever to quilt because I had to keep stopping and changing threads and while it looks great, it doesn’t look that great - you can’t see the threads that much and the background is pretty busy, too.  Oh well, live and learn, right?  Anyway, even though it was simple quilting it still took a long time to do, so here I am this Friday, finally done, done, done with it.  




And thrilled about it, too.  (So is my cat, Angus- he loves to lie on all my quilts. 



  They really like to be the center of attention, don’t they?)  Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday.  Can’t wait to see what everyone else is doing…

No comments:

Post a Comment