Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WIP Post - Decipher This!

This is some sort of record - the third post I've done in four days!  But it's super fun too.  I'm actually in Houston at the Quilt Festival - am waiting to be able to go in, so I decided to go ahead and pass the time by participating in WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced an Sew Fresh Quilts.  I have several pieces in the works, but the one I've worked on the most for the last few days is my improv piece.  




I'm calling it Decipher This! because well - it's totally made from scraps and was completely unplanned and because I used a background fabric that has words that are really difficult to read as it's really tightly spaced - it's from the Architectures line. Also, after I got it all pieced, I ended up turning it sideways - while I was creating it, I had it the long way up and down, but after I finished I decided I didn't like it that way, so I rotated it and VIOLA! I loved it, but now most of the words are sideways.  Which is fine by me. 

It's all batted and ready to quilt, which will be the next challenge. But it's been totally fun and quite consuming, so I'm glad to take a break from it to be really inspired here in Houston.  But since I still have a couple of hours to wait before I can get in, I'm going to be inspired over the internet by what all the bloggers have shared today!  See y'all in cyberspace.     


No comments:

Post a Comment