Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Working Wednesday

Today I got to sew with two of my quilting buddies - and I actually got something done despite all our talking!  Here's what I'm working on this week:

Two new bags (Yes, I cannot stop with the bags!):



The pink one on the left is using those cute girl fabrics I got from my stash club.  I admit I never would have bought them myself, but I'm so glad I got them.  The one on the right is a little more funky, but I like it so much, I think I'm gong to make one for myself...can't make too many bags, can't have too many bags, in my opinion.


The second thing I have going this week is my tree.  I am in love with these aboriginal fabrics, especially the ones with the colored dots.  I mean, I want to dive in and swim in them!  I'm loving the look of this tree, but it's painstaking work, so I'm going slowly.  Still, I've been working on it since last week and I've gotten most of the trunk done.







I may have to do a couple more of this type of tree - I can see so many iterations of it - the possibilities are pretty endless.  It's funny that I've been wanting to do a tree for so long but haven't been able to think of how I wanted to do it - I mean for years I've wanted to do a tree but I just couldn't come up with an idea, and now I have several different ones (besides this one) all of a sudden!  I'm going to be making a forest of tree quilts, I think.  Which is good.  I like forests. 

Can't wait to check everyone else's WIPS - see y'all on the internet!
    

                


No comments:

Post a Comment