Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WIP Wednesday - A Case of Quilting ADD

Yikes!  I'm getting ready to leave for Quiltcon today, my sister-in-law, her daughter and her husband are coming to visit and I'm working on three - yes I said three projects - currently.  

Which is so not like me. Usually I work on one project at a time, going from idea to piecing to quilting, because that's just how I do, but while I was working on the tree I got the idea for my second project, and then our exchange student's (Laila, from the Faroe Islands - v. cute girl btw) mother had a baby (yep, she's got a 17 year-old, a 13 year-old and a newborn, so she definitely deserves a quilt), so I started a baby quilt, and the next thing you know I've got three projects going; I'm doing laundry, trying to pack, clean the house, and get the guest house ready for visitors...

And the crazy thing is, all I really want to do is work on my projects!  I keep thinking "I won't be able to quilt for four days!  Is that even possible?"  I'm really looking forward to the show, but I'll be staying in Austin the entire time since I signed up to work morning shifts, so I will be away from my machine.  I almost feel like bringing it with me because I'm not sure I can stand to be away from it for so long.  However, I'm taking my over-worked machine in for maintenance while I'm gone - poor thing, I've been sewing the heck out of it for four years - it's seriously overdue for a rest, but still...I'm starting to think of it as an extension of my arms!  (I shudder to think of the withdrawal I'm going to have when I go to Europe for a month this summer....I think I'll need an intervention.)

Sooo. probably this little time away from my machine will be a good thing.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.   I am so looking forward to meeting all you people and to seeing the amazing creations, and of course, the vendors. It's going to be a fabric-feeling, people-meeting, quilt-ogling and shop-hopping quiltapalooza extravaganza!  

Anyway - here's a look at my design wall with parts of all three projects on it.  I am having so much fun working on all of them, it's hard to decide which one I want to do.  So if I have time today (which I probably won't but I will do it anyway) I'm going to work a little on each of them, just an hour or so apiece, so they won't feel neglected while I'm gone...


The light is kind of bad, but I'm kind of in a rush, so - I have a few more squares to finish on the circle quilt (of no name yet), I still have to sew the entire baby quilt together, which is in the middle.  (My friend Karen had a Layer Cake of Zen Chic Squares that she wasn't going to use! So the baby quilt is coming from that - I LOVE these fabrics - they are kind of funky, and the colors are perfect for a modern boy quilt, methinks.) And the tree, well lots more to do on that, but I am so loving it.  

So ta-ta for now, if you are going to be at Quiltcon, please come and say hello to me.  I'll be working at the registration desk every morning except Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment