Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Finally! Back to Creating

Haven't had much time to work since I got back from Quiltcon.  I had a little time Monday but my machine is in repair so I'm using my old Janome, which is actually a decent machine, but small.

Today I only had a couple of hours and this is what I did:


This is the quilt top for the baby quilt for Ari, my exchange student's brother.  I really love it - those Zen Chic fabrics are so awesome.  I know they aren't new, but I still LOVE them.  I didn't want to have just a full quilt of hexies so I added some blank space and I'm really glad I did - it works.  I also decided I wanted to put minky on the back and OMG!  I had no idea there was so much fun minky out there.  I found some yellow and grey chevron minky that is perfect, can't wait for it to come in the mail.  I'm also looking forward to quilting it - I've gotten so many ideas from Quiltcon.  (I'll be sharing more impressions about Quiltcon on my next post, btw.)

The second project I've been working on this week is my "I don't have a name for it yet" quilt, which I've been working on for, like EVER.  It looks simple but it's been quite a challenge.  It does look just like the sketch, but I think I'm going to tweak it a little...got some ideas today but I have to wait for a particular fabric to arrive in the mail first.



I actually have five extra blocks made so I'm going to make a table runner too.  Again, looking forward to quilting it - I got SO many ideas for quilting at the show.   

That's it for this week, but I have more more more ideas simmering in my brain and I want to get back to my tree, too.  

I think I'll make myself clean house tomorrow morning, though, before I dive wholeheartedly back into creating...it's amazing how quickly it gets dirty when we're all inside and home all day due to bad weather - UGH.  




No comments:

Post a Comment