Tuesday, June 2, 2015

So Much To Do, But I'm Sewing Anyway, Dammit!

Here's a quickie post on what I've been working on this last week:  Potholders!  Now, before you think "What a NERD," I've decided that potholders are one of my favorite kitchen items, besides dish towels.  Why? Because I always need more, and very rarely do the good ones come in satisfying shapes and colors that I like.  And yes, even in my kitchen, I'm all about colors.  I used to have these different colored plates - red, yellow, blue and green, and I couldn't stand to use two of the same ones unless I had used all of the colors once, AND they couldn't be next to each other.  I did the same thing with glasses...I know, I know, I'm strange.  But it was somehow so satisfying to have the table look artsy.  What can I say? I know, I know.  I'm obsessed.  It's not really OCD, I don't think because there was no anxiety involved.  I just like my table the way I like my table.  And since I'm the one cooking, I can do it the way I want!  

Anyway, back to potholders.  If done well, they too can add a satisfying touch of color and style to the kitchen.  Plus, I'm going to Europe next week for a month, and staying with families and in Airbnb, and I thought it would be nice to leave a potholder wherever I go, just as a thank you.  I've made five so far, but I gave one to my friend Stephanie, who just happened to come over on the first day I was making them so I gave her one.  I didn't get a photo of it, but here are the four remaining ones - only three more to go - hope I have time to make them... It could be that I'm spending a little too much time on them, but I can't help myself - it's so FUN!


         '


     

         

         


Now let's talk about anxiety - I won't be able to sew for an entire month!  The thought brings me a little chill, although come to think of it, the last few months I've had so little time to sew I guess I've been practicing sewing celibacy already. 

 I'm really excited about the trip, of course, but I kinda wish I could stuff Audrey (my lovely graceful machine) or at least Thor (my small but powerful one) and a few bags of scraps in my suitcase.  Ah well, at least I will be seeing a lot of amazing sights and art, even if I can't create any.   Hopefully I'll at least come back with some design ideas...

 I'll still be around while I'm gone, luckily cyberspace can follow one anywhere.  (How DID we ever live without the internet, I wonder?)  

So Arrivaderci, Tchus, Adios, mis amigos.  I'll be writing you from Europa next time.  

Super. Lucky. Me.

Joining up with my fellow bloggers at Sew Fresh and Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday...haven't been able to ogle in  a few weeks so I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment