Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Oy - Lots to do!

I can't say today has gone the way I planned, but it's been a good day so far.  And of course, there's still time left to get other things done as it's only 4:00 and I don't have to fix dinner tonight because no one will be home!   

Here's what I've been working on today; they are purses for two of my nieces.





I got the fabric in the mail yesterday and I just had to fiddle with it.  It's taken the entire day just to piece them because I just had to do the chevron thing, but are they cute!  I think the girls will really love them.  I love the "super girl fabric", but I don't know who made it because it was a fat quarter I got from the Fabric Shoppe (an Etsy shop) stash builder club I'm in.  

 I think today has cured me from working on purses for a while...but they turn out so adoreably, I must say. 

Got a new project I'm excited to start, too - t's a tree!  I am a tree hugger, big time, and I've wanted to do a tree, but the idea hadn't come to me yet.  The other night it hit me, and I drew the sketch and have the fabrics pulled, but I won't let myself start on it until I've finished quilting Drops of Jupiter.   



Don't know if you can see it, but I'm doing wavy lines.  I like it a lot, but I'm still thinking about what I want to do in the circles...hopefully it will come to me.  

So that's my WIP Wednesday.  Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to...

            






No comments:

Post a Comment