Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Having a Blast at the Blogger's Quilt Festival


Viewer’s Choice :: Nominate & Vote Here!
Oh my gosh, I've only been to one category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival and already I'm having so much fun!  There are so many great ideas and so much beauty - it's just so happy-making!  

I'm entering this quilt called Fill in the Squares, into the modern quilt category:

This piece was so much fun to make - I set up some different-sized squares on my design board with tape, picked out some fabrics, and started filling the squares in.  I decided to add a pop of orange to each square, which I think was a fun decision.  Since it's such a SQUARE (ha ha), I decided to quilt it with concentric circles and I must admit - I love the result.  I even made the border wonky, just for fun (although in truth it wasn't that fun trying to square it up, but oh well...) I love the printed fabrics I used so much, I keep trying to come up with more inspiration for them.  

This whole festival idea is such a great one!  I look forward to it every year.  Thanks to Amy, the sponsors, and all the people who share their amazing art!  I'm so diggin' it!  The only down side (which isn't really) is that now I'm going to have to spend even more time on my computer reading all the great blogs I discover through this contest!  It's better than watching television, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment